- All work will be turned in the day that it is due.
- In case of illness or emergencies, make-up work needs to be completed and turned in three (3) days after return to school.
- On pre-approved absences where assignments are given before leaving, all work assigned (except tests) is due upon return.
- Students will need to keep track of missed assignments. Daily assignments are posted in each sixth grade homeroom.
- Progress reports will be sent mid-marking period.
- Each student is required to take AR Reading Test and to acheive their AR point goal.
Students will record assignments in their Capac Middle School Planner. Students will bring the planner home daily for parent signature. We have found that the classroom planner allows the parent to see the work the child has to complete that day. If your child says that he/she has completed the assignment, you may ask him/her to show the assignment to you. Capac Middle School is open until 7:00 P.M. if you need to access the assignments.
It is your child's responsibility to do his/her homework on time. Good study habits will result in maximum success now and in the future.
Materials List for Sixth Grade
- Markers and/or crayons and/or colored pencils
- Index Cards
- Blue or black pens (some erasable pens, too)- (for writing)
- Red pens- (one for writing)
- Green Pens- (for writing)
- Box of kleenex to donate to classroom for all students to use
- Pencil sharpener
- Storage container for pencils, glue, crayons, etc. (This container could be found in the binder.)
- Note: If purchasing a backpack, do not buy the type with rollers. This model of backpack will not fit in Capac Middle School lockers, and the classrooms do not have adequate storage place for backpacks.
- USB Drive for home to school file transfer.- It will be very helpful in computers, ELA and Social Studies
Use the sixth Grade Classroom Rules and Consequences-