Superintendent 's Letter
Dear Capac Community,
It’s an exciting time to be a Chief! Based on strong tradition and looking to the future, we have developed a 5-year strategic plan, restructured the district, increased course offerings, added an equestrian team to our athletic program…and we are just getting started!
New in 2016-2107
- In the elementary school (K-6) we transformed our STEM program into STEAM. STEM + Art = STEAM. Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math.
- We ae offering band to 5th graders this year!
- Capac Jr.-Sr. High School has several new offerings in 2016-2017, including 7-12 robotics, invigorated Agricultural Science classes (program completers can earn 6 general education credits at MSU), and numerous additional AP opportunities.
- The Capac Virtual Education Program is expanding rapidly, now housed in the former middle school. We will be providing a flexible learning environment to students interested in a non-traditional experience, with professional staff available on-site to provide instructional support.
We began the strategic planning process last January, and based upon input from students, parents/guardians, community and staff, developed Mission, Vision, Belief Statements, and Strategic Goals.
Our mission: Capac Strong. Learn. Dream. Grow.
Our vision: To be recognized as a community that values education, positive character traits, and life-long learning.
Our belief statements: Every student is important. Education is a community endeavor. Education is the foundation of success. We are responsible for providing a safe and nurturing environment.
Our 5 Goals:
- Capac Community Schools will improve rigor and standing by engaging all learners.
- Capac Community Schools will create new opportunities for both athletics and academics in order to become a destination district.
- Capac Community Schools will provide and environment for personnel and leadership success.
- Capac Community Schools will use multiple communication mediums to promote positive highlights of Capac Community Schools.
- Capac Community Schools will maintain the district’s full operational needs within a balanced budget and achieve a visually appealing environment.
Our entire plan, including to details about how we will meet our goals, is available on the district web site. Also, feel free to stop by Central Office and I’d be happy to walk you through the process. We are the shining jewel in the area, and we are on the move!
Stephen C. Bigelow, Ph.D.