The Capac Sports hall of Fame is dedicated to those athletes and coaches who have represented Capac High School in interscholastic competition and achieved top State honors in their chosen sport.
It also honors those who have made outstanding all around contributions to interscholastic athletics at Capac High School. The individuals and teams enshrined on these walls are an integral part of the Capac Athletic Tradition. May their achievements be an example and an inspiration to those young men and women who will follow them.
Hall of Fame Requirements and Guidelines
- Must attain All-State status, or recognized as all state by a coaches association.
- Team was rated #1 at a season's end by an established Michigan newspaper.
- Has achieved an individual state championship.
- Has achieved a Team State Championship
- Is a graduate of Capac High School for a period of at least five years and is in good standing.
- Has made an outstanding contribution to Athletics at Capac High School.
- Must be nominated by a head coach and elected by 2/3 of the head coaches voting at the coaches awards meeting.
Hall of Fame Selections:
- Any intentions of making a nomination are due in writing to the athletic director by April 1st.
- Upon receiving written notification of the intent to nominate the AD will notify the coaching staff of the nomination and call a meeting of the coaches by April 15th.
- During the meeting, the nomination shall be presented and time will be allotted for discussion.
- Following the discussion a vote by prepared ballot shall take place. Any member of the coaching staff not in attendance may submit a ballot to the AD prior to the voting. 2/3 of the Head Coaches, who have voted, must be in favor of the nomination for it to pass.
- After Balloting, the results are to be announced.
- Hall of Fame inductees will be honored at either half time of the Homecoming football game, during the Harry Moore tournament, or at the Snow-coming game during basketball season. Banquets for inductees will be put on as a fund raiser for the sports booster club.